Water damage can destroy the structure of your home and the cherished items within. At ServiceMaster Restoration Services, we offer over 20 years of water damage restoration experience, so that your family can rest easy knowing your home and personal effects are in good hands. Water damage can be the results of a natural disaster, faulty plumbing or general flooding. Water spreads through your home, taking the path of least resistance. It is soaked up by drywall, wood, carpet and other building materials, which causes it to wick upward. This leads to broken adhesive bonds, discoloration, swelling, delamination (flooring separation) and eventually mold if the issue is not addressed.
The more time that passes before calling a professional, the more damage you risk to the structure of your home and valuables, particularly the substructure and lower floors. At ServiceMaster Restoration Services, we offer immediate 24/7 response for all water damage emergencies. Our experts use high-tech equipment and restoration techniques to dry, deodorized, dehumidify and sanitize your home as fast as possible.
The 4 step process to restoring your home:
- Initial inspection and assessment of the damaged structure
- Water removal and demolition
- Drying equipment
Water Damage Restoration Services:
- Water Extraction
- Anti-microbial Application
- Air Movement and Dehumidifying
- Disinfecting and Sanitization
- Document drying and recovery
- Complete building and contents cleaning
- Carpet, rug and upholstery cleaning
- Antiques and Fine Art Restoration
- Electronic Equipment Restoration
- Data and Document Recovery
- Mold remediation
- HVAC Duct cleaning
- Biohazard Cleaning
What to do (and NOT do) if you have water damage:
- Immediately determine where the water is coming from and secure the broken part. Turn off your main water valve if you cannot determine what is leaking.
- Save the broken or damaged part for your insurance company.
- If the outside temperature is above 60 degrees, use dehumidifiers if available.
- Use fans to circulate the air and assist drying.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe furniture dry.
- Lift draperies off carpet, loop through a coat hanger, and place the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying and place small wood blocks or aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings.
- Move photos, paintings, art objects and firearms to a safe dry location.
- Remove wet fabrics and dry them as soon as possible. Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Remove damp books from shelves and spread out to dry.
- If damage occurs during winter months, leave the heat on. If damage occurs during the summer months, use an air conditioner if available.
- We take photos of your loss from start to finish. But taking photos of your property and belongings for your own records is highly recommended.
- Do NOT use an ordinary household vacuum to remove water.
- Do NOT use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or wet floors.
- Do NOT go into rooms with standing water if the electricity is still on.
- Do NOT lift tacked down carpet without professional help. Lifting the carpet incorrectly could promote shrinkage.
The experts at ServiceMaster Restoration Services are equipped to respond to any emergency, minor or catastrophic, 24 hours a day. Being community based means we are close to local disaster sites when needed. When the unexpected happens, call us at (630) 241-1111.